Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Aids


You can guess what I'm going to talk about just by my photos above right? :) But more importantly on my mind right now...six degrees outside...are you kidding me?! I don't know about you but I've been half frozen all day long. It's funny how weather effects my workouts as I'm sure it does yours also. I just finished at the gym and so ready for a HOT shower! But first, I'm going to try to make this a fairly short and quick entry tonight.
Like I mentioned yesterday, food is the number one fundamental component to transforming a physique. Only then will the addition of supplements be effective to a diet in maximizing the results but always remember they NEVER REPLACE proper nutrition. Last year, I got to a point where I felt like I hit a wall with my workouts but with the aid of supplements, I was able to continue progressing on a higher level. I'll also say that these supplements are not cheap!! I actually have not started taking any this year since I just now was able to buy all of them. I plan to start the beginning of next week. All my supplements are either vitamins, minerals, amino acids, or other dense nutrients that aid the body on a cellular level for growth. These are my core supplements...a few more will be added next month (such as a thermogenic) that I'll mention later. You can imagine the chemistry of the body is always a complicated thing to explain...I don't even know if I can elaborate very well but here's my best attempt.

Multi-vitamin : one of the most important vitamins you can take! It ensures that you receive all the necessary vitamins and minerals your body needs for proper efficiency.

CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) 800mg: It is proven to build muscle, reduce body fat, and induce an optimum cellular environment for improved health.

CoQ-10 (Coenzyme Q-10 ) 50mg: Plays a very important role in the production of energy throughout the body. Helps the body convert food into energy in the form of ATP (the energy of your muscle cells) and is also an awesome antioxidant and fat burner.

Lecithin 2400 mg: The most important health benefit of lecithin is its role in the breakdown of fats in the body. On a cellular level, Lecithin aids in regulating the flow of nutrients and waste materials in and out of the cell. It has also been seen to prevent the build-up of fats and bad cholesterol in the walls of the heart, the arteries and the veins, and thus enhancing cardiovascular health.

Fish Oil 1000 mg: Natural source of Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids. Contributes to healthy heart functions and joint flexibility as well as supporting brain, nerve, and visual function. Improves hair, skin, and nails.

BCAA (branched chain amino acids) 1mg: Considered the building blocks of amino acids. Aids the body from building and repairing tissues (especially in muscles,) to producing chemicals that enable our brains to function optimally.

Glutamine 5mg: The body relies on glutamine as cellular fuel for the immune system. Scientific studies suggest that glutamine can minimize the breakdown of muscle tissue and improve protein metabolism.

Off to the shower for me!!

Always love,
LM
p.s. The cheapest supplement websites that I've found so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment